DJFullMasthead 911truthnc.org

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dodd Fillibusters FISA

Senator Dodd (D-CT) filibusters FISA, the bill that gives retroactive immunity to telecom corporations that illegally spy on Americans.

"None of our fellow Americans will have their day in court.

What they will have is a government that has sanctioned lawlessness.

Well, I refuse to accept that, Mr. President. I refuse to accept the argument that because this situation is just too delicate, too complicated, that this body is simply going to go ahead and sanction lawlessness.

We are better than that.

And if I have needed any reminder of that fact, simply look to all those who have joined this fight -- my colleagues and the many, many Americans who have given me strength for this fight. Strength that comes from the passion and eloquence of citizens who don't have to be involved, but choose to be nonetheless."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home